Monday, April 09, 2007

Hungry? + For the Philanthropist in You

What's good folks? I hope everyone has been enjoying this fluctuating spring weather we've been having lately. So what have I been up to? Let's see . . . I'll give you some highlights :-)

I went to an art exhibit by Alexander Reyna with lots of tall German people (i felt short, everybodywas over 6' 5" - crazy!). Note to self art exhibits are great for free fermented beverages and random convo. So I went to this exhibit with my boy James a.k.a the Birdman (you can check his blog in my links section). Man, we ended up talking to a random dude about astrology, how to test which eye is your dominant eye, a new type of book called smartbook that hovers over you while you lay down you don't have to hold it (i still don't get it . . . it's not digital or holographic ???), and a bunch of other stuff that I don't normally talk about with somebody I wouldn't normall talk to (not you James!). Anyway, point being it was actually an interesting conversation. I learned a lot a kind of forced myself out of being in a familiar situation. I gotta tell you you'd be surprised how much stuff you can have a conversation about if you just start talking about stuff - and you don't even need a segue!

You can just start talking about something else - kind of like this . . . I also went to the NY Times Travel Show @ Jacob Javits (and I DID post it . . . i think) which was amazing! If any of you want to go travelling through Europe, I went to this seminar by this guy Rick Steves - http://www.ricksteves.com/ that was GREAT! I learned so many things about how to save money and time when travelling through Europe.

I went skiing up in the Berkshires with wifey and oh yeah! - fractured my wrist on my last run of the night. aaaaaaaaaand then I had to drive for 1 hour in a blizzard (insert literary license here) with a PAINFULLY throbbing wrist to the nearest hospital . . . and drive back another hour to my timeshare. Needless to say . . . that sucked. oh yeah and it was my left wrist, and i'm left handed >:- So because of this stupid injury I can't cook or dj or ytpe (that was a joke) or go to the gym. Man I am bored!

Alright so to get back on track - I have a couple great food events for you to check out (thanks to Laura Dee for the info . . .)

4-26-07 -- TASTE OF THE LOWER EAST SIDE @ The Altman Building (135 W. 18thSt.)
7-11pm
See preview invitation here
"A sampling of the food and spirit from New York's most dynamic neighborhood. 37 of the Manhattan's hottest Lower East Side and East Village restaurants offer tastings, and a full open bar.
Featuring a silent auction and DJ. Business card raffle drawing to win a Sub-Zero 46-bottle Freestanding wine storage unit"
*********************************************************************

Every Tuesday - VINO-VERSITY
@ Divine Bar West (236 W. 54th St. b\w B'way and 8th Ave.)
$35 in advance - go to their website for ticket info
$45 at the door, if available
call 212-265-WINE for more info
"Walk-Around Classes" with 24-36 wines.
**************************************************************************
4-26-07 - African Health Now Launch Reception
@ Sun West Studios (450 W. 31st Street, 10th floor between 9th & 10th aves.)
7-10 pm
Please RSVP by April 10th to neyeson@africanhealthnow.org
The evening will include A cocktail reception, open bar and silent auction
Dress: Business Casual
AFRICAN HEALTH NOW is a non-profit organization whose mission is to promote the health and health care of Africans by providing community education, accessibility to resources and by strengthening social networks.
And this IS a Fundraiser, so bring your checkbooks.
***************************************************************
5-3-07 - "HUSTLERS 4 A CURE" CINCO de MAYO AIDS WALK BENEFIT
@ Sante Fe Grill (244 E. 79th St. b\w 2nd and 3rd Aves.)
5-9pm
$5 (which includes 1 free raffle ticket)
extra raffles are $2 ea. or 3 for $ 5!
A LOT of margarita (THEY'RE GOOOOOD!!!!), sangria, wine and beer specials!
There will be raffle prizes including, free private dance classes @ Arthur Murray Dance Studios, free wine giveaways, dinner giveaways and more!
Come out and support team "Hustlers 4 A Cure" on 5\3\07 as they raise money for AIDS WALK NEW YORK which is on Sunday, 5\20\07

No comments:

Post a Comment